Friday, June 12, 2009

Tetons - Life in WY is Beautiful

Austin and I started this grey-sky day over a hearty breakfast with some great friends in Jackson. After dropping Austin at the airport, I joined the local climbing gym--The Enclosure--and climbed until my hands could cling to plastic rocks no longer. This place is state-of-the-art. There's quite a culture of climbers out here, and I'm getting hooked more than ever by the wild world of climbing.

At 12:30pm I got a call from Seattle, WA. It was my friend Jeremy, and he invited me to join the "Climb for Captives" expedition up Mt Ranier later this summer. I knew already what this involved and promptly responded, "I'm in!"
As the August 14-16 date approches I will post much more information about this exciting adventure. We'll launch the Climb for Captives website around July 4th. Stay tuned.

Now I'm off to the airport again. I'll pick up my sister now and my brother tomorrow. Together we'll embark on a spectacular week of climbing in the Tetons. Stories to come.

I am a very thankful man... for dreams fulfilled and those to come, for my family, this abundant life, and the adventure we are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment