Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tetons - Workin'

I don't care who you are or where you're from, swingin' an axe and splittin' wood could be the manliest endeavor a man can partake in. Well, my man "ness" has been thoroughly called forth from the depths. I just finshed splittin' four logs for winter firewood, and I'm one tired cookie. It probably didn't help that on my lunch break I ran "around the block" (a six mile hiking trail around the Climber's Ranch).

From Sunday until this coming weekend I will continue to do whatever manual labor the ranch manager can come up with. I suppose I'm earnin' my keep around this place. The week of work is also paying for my four friends who have come to visit me here in cabin 3 during the month. Quite a bargain really. I'm also using the time to write, read, edit photos, and dry gear as I prepare for our final week of climbing out here. The scenery's not too shabby, huh? (the tallest mtn in the center of the image is Grand Teton)

2 comments:

  1. The scenery is quite beautiful. I bet the temperatures are better than here as well. I love getting a glimpse of your adventures. Take care now, Melanie

    ReplyDelete