Monday, March 28, 2011

PATAGONIA - Cerro Torre

My first ever sighting of Cerro Torre this morning!
Let me explain the significance.

It takes 48 hrs, 2 plane flights, and 2 bus rides to get here to El Chalten, Argentina. I've visited twice in the past 2 years. After a cumulative 12 days of waiting over the course of these visits, this gnarly mountain has remained mysteriously shrouded in cloud. My anticipation was growing the way it did as a toddler when I'd search all afternoon for four-leaf clovers in the yard. It felt like weeks were passing, of course.

Today, this Dr. Suess-story-book shaped mountain burst forth into view. It was a perfectly clear, blue bird sky. GIFT!

1 comment:

  1. The SAME day your lil nephew was born!!! Probably means that Cannon will like that Dr. SUESS shaped mtn one day as well!

    ReplyDelete